Sunday, January 23, 2011

Malabrigo junkie

Malabrigo Rios in Glazed Carrot - Can YOU resist its charms?
I'm sure no one will be surprised to read what I'm about to type:  I have a problem.  This is the first step, admitting it in a public forum - I am, beyond a doubt, a Malabrigo Junkie (not merely a knitting/yarn junkie, as previously assumed).  And today, when I got to leave work early and just happened to have my birthday gift card to Nina in my wallet, and just happened to have the exact yardage and number of skeins needed for the next sweater I intend to knit for myself written down, I indulged in my most favorite of vices, Malabrigo Rios.
And of course, now I want to start my Koukla cardigan.  Am I finished with the sport-weight cabled yoke cardigan I started right before Christmas?  Not so much.  Have I started the v-neck sweater I promised Tyler?  Nope!  Do I have any business beginning another project, with submission deadlines looming and some new responsibilities on my to-do list?  Absolutely not!

So I just want to say now, for the record, that I'll be holding off as long as I can...but like any junkie, I can't make any promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment