For example, I'm working on my first xmas project - yes, yes, I start my holiday knitting in June. It's true! I'm also finishing up a new summery sock pattern to be released later this month - I keep meaning to post teaser photos here, but so many other blogworthy items keep giving them the bump (you can, however, view a teaser photo in my Ravelry group!).
I've made a little progress on Tyler's sweater, but I can't say that it would be a terribly interesting photo to post - it's a big, black, stockinette-stitch, v-neck sweater. 'Nuff said.
|above: monster parts. below: ostrich butt!|
- I already posted about Lady Nubbins, but I thought she bore mentioning once more since the Mr. Nubbins KAL kicked off this whole "Summer of Toys" business.
- A friend wanted me to knit a dead donut for her boyfriend - I based it loosely on the Matie Trewe pattern, but I added several more rows on increases and decreases so that it was a super-size donut. I also opted for a larger icing area (so, basically what I'm telling you is that I pretty much didn't follow the instructions at all, but I did glance at the pattern before I got started, so I wanted to give it props for sending me in the right direction).
- There's a pile of monkey parts sitting in my crafting room, waiting to become a sock monkey.
- I finally broke down and started my Ursula and Uma monsters using the kit I got at TNNA from The Scarlet Fleece (I'm actually doing a casual KAL with a friend)
- Yesterday I started my H.B.S. Society Summer of Toys KAL project, the Stuffed Ostrich toy from Malabrigo Book Three.