Monday, September 5, 2011

Earth & Sky KAL: FO Photos and a Happy Dance

At last, FO photos of my Earth & Sky KAL project!  It didn't take too terribly long to weave in all the ends - I did most of them each time I finished a clue, as suggested in the pattern.  No matter the project (but especially where intarsia is concerned), weaving in the ends as you go is always a good time-saver.  I couldn't be more pleased with how my first-ever intarsia project turned out, and I really like the color placement.  I'm also happy to report that the silver-colored yarn that I mentioned was a little on the scratchy side has softened up considerably since blocking.

As you can see, I love my new shawl!  Bonus points to Tyler for capturing The Happy Shawl Dance.  That's something the world really needed to see. 

Now for the bad news:  while I successfully used up every scrap of navy blue sock yarn in my stash,  I barely made a dent in the other skeins!  I suppose there are worse things - I can probably have enough left over to make socks for myself - but I was really excited to destash!  Back into the sock bin these barely-used skeins of yarn go....

No comments:

Post a Comment