Friday, September 30, 2011

Objective: Malabrigo Stockpile

Hooray!  Sad Sack September is almost over!  I can't think of a better way of celebrating than caving in to my startitis and casting on for lots of small (and not-so-small) projects using yarn I shopped from my stash.  That might be the silver lining to this whole dead car debaucle/smashed laptop screen ridiculousness - rediscovering the joy of shopping my own stash!  I have some amazing yarns that need to see the light of day, beginning with my mmmmmmmMalabrigo.

A month's worth of knitting?
So here's my list of projects I'd like to complete for this month's Malabrigo Stockpile event - ALL of the yarn is from my stash.  It's an ambitious list, for sure, but I'll be happy if I complete only half of this list! 

1.  Foliage Hat - Malabrigo Worsted in Vaa (to replace the one I lost a few years ago)
2.  Madison Hand Warmers - Malabrigo Worsted in Vaa (to match hat)
3.  Metheglin Cowl - Malabrigo Rios in Solis and whatever odds and sods I have sitting around in Worsted, Twist or Rios!
4.  Robin's Egg Blue Hat - Malabrigo Chunky in Charrua (my favorite color!)
5.  Travel Shawl - Malabrigo Sock in Aguas
6.  Button Bunnies - a ginormous version in Malabrigo Rasta - I have a full skein of Soriano, a half-skein of  Oxido, and a tiny bit left of Zarzamora
7.  Textured Circle Shrug - Malabrigo Rios in Glazed Carrot


(And while we're on the subject, I should probably also mention that, from now 'til October 31, I'm offering 25% off all patterns in my Ravelry shop if you enter "Stockpile2011" at checkout!  Now go forth and destash...or stockpile, if you prefer to go that route!)

No comments:

Post a Comment