Sunday, July 1, 2012

Tour de Fleece

Camel/Silk Singles Waiting to be Plied
I wasn't planning on participating in the Tour de Fleece this year.  I told myself I was too busy and rationalized that I've barely touched my spinning wheel since the last one.  Strangely enough, I started spinning yesterday, quite by accident.  I finished the first camel/silk single that had been languishing on my wheel since February, and then I spent the next hour or so spinning through the second camel/silk single.  It didn't even occur to me til much, much later that Saturday was the first day of the Tour de Fleece!

Quite by accident, I will be challenging myself to spin every day til July 22nd.  It would be great if I could stay in the habit of spinning a bit every day, but let's not get too ahead of ourselves, right?!  I'll just be happy if I can spin through a few braids of my fiber stash this month.  Meanwhile, here is my plied yarn (the fiber is a 50/50 camel/silk blend from Louet):
I had some extra camel/silk that I plied with a mystery single that hangs out near my wheel, hoping for just such an occasion. Today was its lucky day! 

2 comments:

  1. I keep telling myself that even just 15 minutes a day at the wheel is good; it's only 15 minutes, and it's so calming I could even do it first thing in the morning (maybe the calmness would inspire me to not be so short-tempered later in the day). And yet... sigh. My poor lonely wheel. I guess what I'm saying is doooo eeeeet! Spin every day! You can do it! (We should encourage and remind each other!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously - I think every six months I have that very revelation....and then, after a few weeks, I fall off the spinning wagon! Sounds like you do, too! Will try to remind you (and myself!) to spin more often!

    ReplyDelete