Basically, I knit the body til I ran out of yarn, then picked up stitches for the border and began the long, slow process of an i-cord bindoff. I had about 5g of Plomo reserved for finishing each sleeve, which worked out pretty well - all told, I probably had 4-5 yards of Plomo left over. I spent last Sunday morning weaving in the ends, and then there was the moment of truth: trying it on. It even fits!
It's not totally perfect, but considering what a random experiment it was, I'm pretty pleased with the results. For those of you who missed earlier posts about this project, I used an app called Raglanify (read my full review here) to create the pattern which I based this sweater on. I did make a few changes along the way - for example, I wanted to make a cardigan instead of a pullover, which is a pretty easy thing to change. The actual numbers that were supposed to achieve specific measurements, however, ended up being true, and I didn't monkey around with those. I think it'll be nice little cropped cardi to wear in the spring and summer - so glad it worked out!
Craftsy Spring Sale!Click here to save on awesome Craftsy classes: starting today through Monday, April 8th, a different set of classes will be on sale each day, up to 75% off their normal price! Today's selections include a few I've signed up for, Celtic Cables with Carol Feller and How To Say It: Pattern Writing for Knitters by Edie Eckman.
I heard a rumor that tomorrow will have the most classes on sale, so be sure to check back here for the
Celebrate FO Friday by checking out more posts over on the Tami's Amis blog!
Have a crafty weekend!