Wednesday, March 19, 2014

WIP Wednesday: in The Name of Progress

I had a pretty productive weekend in just about every way: I ran some errands, got a few household chores taken care of, baked cupcakes, and even managed a little "me" time at the spa (something I should really do more often). Of course, I found some time to knit and crochet, too!

I've made quite a bit of progress on the Terra Shawl - as you can see, last night I started the edging, and there was a fortuitous color placement where both plies of the handspun were suddenly all the deepest shade of teal. I love it! Of course, it is now at that too-big-to-fit-on-the-needles-and-be-photographed stage, so I'll just share a close-up of my favorite part:
I also hit the halfway point on Tyler's scarf, but it's too overcast today to get a decent photo to share - you'll just have to take my word for it that it's coming along!

The most progress was made on my #HKKAL project, however! On Friday night, I finished the last of the granny squares, and I spent a few hours on Saturday weaving in allllllll of the ends. It actually wasn't that bad - really! On Sunday night, I began to assemble it - slowly but surely, it's starting to look more sweater-like!
Thanks for joining me this week! For more WIP Wednesday inspiration, visit the Tami's Amis Blog!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, that handspun is working so perfectly with the shawl! Love the dark teal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty yarn for your Terra shawl and Tyler's scarf - nice job!

    ReplyDelete