Friday, May 16, 2014

FO Friday: Owl, Mitts, and the Finishing Technique I Never Knew I Needed!

Happy FO Friday! I have been dying to share this crocheted Owl Basket by Deja Jetmir, but had to wait til after mother's day since I made it for my mom! Isn't it cute? She was pretty excited about it, as I knew she would be - she is not only a huge fan of owls, but arguably my biggest fan, too!

I also have finished the Maine Morning Mitts from Wednesday's post - oh my, they are heavenly. I don't think I ever want to take them off...in fact, I am wearing them right now as I type!!
The craziness of the week has been such that my regular photographer (aka my husband Tyler) wasn't able to take FO photos of the gloves. I actually had to resort to using the self-timer on the fancy camera! It hadn't been going terribly well, but then Robin decided to help out. I wish I'd gotten him entirely in frame, but on the plus side, you can see the mitts quite well! Thanks, buddy!

I wanted to share a video tutorial I came across earlier this week which helped me finish this project - if you aren't familiar with the Very Pink Knits YouTube channel, I highly recommend you check it out. Not only does she share incredibly useful tutorials on a regular basis, there are also product reviews and giveaways aplenty. Here is the tutorial which I used this week to finish off my mitts: 


It's funny to me that I have been knitting for as long as I have (ten or so years), and yet I have never sought out the answer to this problem which is constantly cropping...and then one day, I just accidentally stumble across it while browsing YouTube! I suppose it didn't occur to me that there would be such a simple solution, as silly as that is, but now that I know this handy little trick, I wonder how I ever got by without it!

Thanks for stopping by this week - for FO Friday inspiration, visit the Tami's Amis blog.


Have a crafty weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment