Wednesday, June 25, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Knitting with Handspun

Late last week, I couldn't resist casting on for a project with one of my newest skeins of handspun yarn: after much deliberation, I decided to make a simple kerchief-style scarf using a pattern recipe from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts:

I've been making a concerted effort to make projects from my extensive library of knit/crochet/craft books, and this is one which I bought pretty early on in my days of knitting and have always loved.

Lately, I've discovered that many of the patterns from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts are perfect for handspun yarns because they are simple, easy-to-customize, and great for variegated colorways. I expect that this is one book I'll be revisiting much more often.

My super-secret knitting projects (yes, plural!) are going quite well and I absolutely cannot WAIT to show them to you!

Also, if you missed Monday's post, I am giving you a chance to win the best fiber-care tool I've come across ever, a Gleener Cleaner! Click here for more details on how to enter!
Thanks for joining me this week! For more WIP Wednesday inspiration, visit the Tami's Amis Blog!

1 comment: