Friday, August 25, 2017

FO Friday: Wonder Woman Shawl

I finished my Wonder Woman shawl just in time for Wizard World, which we went to yesterday (though the con goes through this Sunday). Here I am nerding it up, as one does at such events:

Untitled

I used 2 skeins of Bijou Basin Ranch Shangri-La yak/silk lace weight yarn and US 3 needles to make a smaller version of this shawl (and it only took 1 skein of each color - below you can see how much yarn I had left over).

IMG_7707

The yarn is so gorgeous, and I really love how the shawl turned out! I used the free pattern by Carissa Browning, found here on Ravelry. Since I started this project, she has added more size options and a crochet version of this pattern - I followed the instructions for what is now the larger size.

Untitled
This took up most of our kitchen floor!

Funny story: I meant to knit this project with US 4 needles, but didn't notice I had grabbed the next size down until I was about halfway through the project. Oops! But, the shawl blocked out to a very nice dimension - if you are curious to learn more about gauge considerations for my lace weight version of this project, you can read more here on the Bijou Basin Ranch blog.

IMG_7706

This is going to be on display in the Bijou Basin Ranch booth at several fiber festivals this fall, starting with the Wisconsin Sheep & Wool festival next month. Be sure to stop by to check it out, and pick up a few skeins of Shangri-La yarn while you're there!


No comments:

Post a Comment