Friday, September 1, 2017

FO Friday: Dillinger Hat

August has been all about finishing overdue projects (see: this post from earlier in the week). Adding to that list is the Dillinger Hat, which I started long after the KAL had concluded, and then it went into time out for over a month while I worked up the motivation to frog back a few inches to fix a mistake in my colorwork.

IMG_8019

The effort was well worth it, as the hat turned out pretty well! I do wish I'd gone up another needle size, though, because I forgot what a tight knitter I become when stranded colorwork enters the mix. Thankfully, it grew with blocking and fits me perfectly!  

Untitled

For anyone struggling with the crown decreases, I did leave some notes here on my Ravelry pattern page which detail how I approached the decreases to incorporate the design motif and transition into using a single color for the rest of the crown.

IMG_8015

The yarn was a dream to work with: mini skein kits of lovely hand-dyed merino from Wonderland Yarns/Frabjous Fibers. I've just wound the extra yarn into mini skeins to add to my grab bags which are available here on Etsy, if you are interested


No comments:

Post a Comment