Friday, April 1, 2011

Blog Week Entry #5: Embellish the Story

Buttons! Glorious Buttons!
Tea Leaves:  Fancy Buttons
Today I'm playing the wild card!  It's time to talk about the joys of embellishments - namely, buttons, because the right buttons can make or break an FO.  Over the years I have acquired huge containers of buttons, and I never tire of sifting through them, time and time again, in search of the perfect accent for my project.  Each time, I come across buttons I hadn't noticed before.  With such a huge amount to dig through, I'm always amazed when I can find the right number of buttons I need, but it's rare when that isn't possible and I have to head to the craft store.  I have so many that I feel guilty keeping them all to myself, so I've taken to selling some in my Etsy shop and letting my friends shop my stash.  I recently used some very fancy buttons that I'd been saving for several years, waiting for the right project to come along.  That project happened to be the Tea Leaves Cardigan I knit with some beautiful skeins of Malabrigo Rios - they always fetch compliments!

No comments:

Post a Comment