After a complete dishtowel fail, I decided it was time to get back to destash weaving (someone on Instagram calls this weaving alchemy, which sounds way cooler). I used a skein of Berroco Vintage that was left over from one of Tyler's sweaters as a warp, and then collected several bits and bobs, mini skeins, samples, and handspun leftovers to create a long piece of fabric to sew into pillows. I tried not to overthink the color sequencing too much, but that's just kind of how I roll.
When I reached the end of the warp, I had quite a substantial piece of fabric (naturally I forgot to measure it - doh):
After giving it a nice wash, I broke out the sewing machine and sewed this pillow over the weekend:
I still have enough yardage left for at least 1-2 more pillows, I just need to buy a few more pillow forms and then find some time to break out the sewing machine once more. I see many more alchemy pillows in my future!
Share the inspiration - pin this post!