Wednesday, February 20, 2013

WIP Wednesday!

Remember my Calm Cowl? I have been working on it steadily since I last shared it on this blog, but I feel like it will never be finished! I am nearly done with the third ball of yarn (Wisdom Yarns' Limerick), but I think that I'll keep going and dip into my fourth ball. It's certainly been a great project to take on-the-go; it's accompanied me to various places such as our favorite coffee shop, a bowling alley, and the Genius Bar at the Apple store, not to mention countless trips on the CTA.
My Sock Monkey Monkey is nearing completion; even though I feel like I don't work on it very much (it is the "kitchen" project du jour), somehow I am coming down the home stretch at last. I am loving the yarn, which is a hand-dyed worsted with a very nice twist from Haldecraft. Can't wait to finish my monkey!
Just as soon as I finished Tyler's gloves last Friday night, I cast on for the Rocky Coast Cardigan with the Canopy Worsted I scored for 50% via Craftsy last month. This was my primary project over the weekend, and as you can see, I got a lot done: on Sunday, I woke up with a sore throat, so I spent most of the day knitting on the couch (which was kind of a bummer, because a friend of mine was having a President's Day Tea Party that afternoon). I really can't believe how quickly this project is knitting up - chalk it up to project monogamy, I suppose!

Looking for more WIP Wednesday inspiration? Hop over to the Tami's Amis Blog for all the WIPs you can handle!


2 comments:

  1. Love your monkey :-) Your cardigan is going to be gorgeous, what a lovely pattern

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks great! I just love the sock monkey. He's going to be so cute:)

    ReplyDelete