Monday, February 15, 2016

Spring Events

I can't believe we're already halfway through February. 2016 has been moving at breakneck speed, and there are no signs of slowing down: this Spring, I will be attending several yarny events, and you can bet I will share each experience here on this blog. Today, I wanted to give you an overview of what's to come!

I'll be attending my first-ever H+H Trade Show in Cologne, Germany March 18-19; this is the world's largest craft show, and I'm pretty psyched to check it out. There will be all sorts of crafts on display, not just yarn and knitting-related exhibitors, so I am interested to walk the show floor to take it all in. It's been a while since I've traveled outside of the country (my passport was majorly expired and had my non-married name on it, if that gives you any idea), and I have never been to Germany, so I am excited to also try as many tasty beers as possible....and to bring home some Wollmeise, too!

April will kick off with my favorite fiber festival here in the Chicago area - YarnCon on April 2-3. It's pretty early on, but I think they'll be announcing vendors and class lists fairly soon. Also in April is the  Ply Away Retreat in Kansas City, MO. I figured this was a pretty good reason to visit my hometown, and I've signed up to take my first-ever proper spinning class on fractal spinning, taught by Jillian Moreno. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited!

Are you planning to attend any fiber festivals this spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment