Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Back to WIPs

Over the last few weeks, my crafting time was focused mainly on a few deadline projects that I couldn't share publicly. Now that they are done, I can get back to my regular WIPs, a few of which seem close to the finish line!

The waterlilies socks are getting closer to the finish line - last night I started the toe shaping on the second sock!

IMG_3603

But the big news is that I'm on the FINAL color of Find Your Fade; how did that happen?!

IMG_3598

I picked up the crocheted handspun blanket last weekend and discovered that it was just a few rows away from being done - so now the crocheting is complete, but I do have ALL of these glorious ends to weave in:

IMG_3626

Most of the yarn is big and fluffy, so I was excited to give these darning needles from Knitter's Pride a try - they've made the process so much easier since I don't have to struggle to thread each yarn end through a narrow needle eye!

IMG_3591

I also warped my loom for another destash scarf project, though I was intending it to be a wrap - unfortunately, I misjudged the amount of yarn I had for my warp, oops! I ended up adding a second color to either side on the loom, which makes it way off-center. While I'm sure that's not the end of the world, it is a little annoying from an OCD standpoint, and tensioning the warp evenly was a bit more challenging (but not the disaster I feared it would be).

IMG_3652


Don't get me wrong, I would definitely prefer to have a centered warp for those reasons just listed, but I'm totally ok with going with the flow and having a project that's fairly loosey-goosey. I'm sure more experienced weavers have compelling reasons why I would want a centered warp (feel free to share in the comments!), but I'm chalking this one up to learning curve and forging ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment