Before I get ahead of myself, however, I need to evaluate those pesky monthly goals which I've gotten quite good at neglecting. At this point, I am questioning why I continue to do this each month, as the results are mostly me feeling bad for neglecting my original set of goals because new and more interesting things keep presenting themselves each month. Look! Shiny! There is no end to shiny things to distract me, and even when I am ultra-modest in terms of goal setting, I can't quite seem to achieve more than a 60% success rate these days. I guess it could be worse, but it could also be better, you know?
At any rate, I'm going to see this farce through til the end of 2015, so without further ado.....
1. Finish the flax spinning project-in-progress on my wheel. This one's left over from the Tour de Fleece, and it took a back seat once the Tour was over and I switched gears to working on my Stitches Midwest project full-force. DONE! I haven't blogged about it, but it has been instagrammed as proof.
2. Release a new pattern this month. It's pretty ridiculous that I haven't self-published any new patterns in the last several months - believe me, it's not for lack of ideas! Nope. But one of my patterns WAS used for a KAL in the Paradise Fibers Yarn Club last month...does that count?!?!
3. Finalize my holiday knitting plans. I've actually decided to purchase most of my gifts this year because I know I simply can't make enough things for gifting purposes. However, there are a few projects I do want to make if time allows, and planning ahead right now is probably my best bet at making that happen. DONE - I've decided I'm pretty much just knitting hats for the kiddos and calling it a day.
4. Start some projects with handspun yarn. I've already picked out some patterns to put my recently-finished handspun skeins to work, so it shouldn't be too much of a leap to cast on a few new projects this month! Or is it? Because I only started this one washcloth in my handspun flax yarn. Oops.
|I'll be using my new blending board to prep for Spinzilla!|
5. Show the scrap yarn blanket some love! I'm sure it's feeling rather neglected these days. I've added a paltry 4 squares for August. Which is better than the 2 squares I added in July, but still...
Yep, that was bleak. So why not move on to set some goals for me to ignore in September?
1. Spinzilla prep! Spinner registration is already open, and I just found out that I'll be traveling for the second half of Spinzilla. So I have a lot of preparations I'll be making ahead of time to ensure that I am able to spin a respectable amount of yardage while on the road. Oh, and I'll be returning to my role as the captain for Team Louet for the third year in a row - so come spin with us!
2. KAL it up. I'll be leading a KAL for Midwestern Knits which begins next Monday, and I've also joined the Perspectives Mystery KAL that started last week. Hopefully, I'll be able to resist adding any more KALs to my plate for the month of September!
3. Spin some gradient yarn to use in the yoke on my Pennant Cardi. I'll either use this pretty gradient batt that I bought from Classy Squid Fiber Co., or I may buy something at the Wisconsin Sheep & Wool this coming weekend. Luckily, I have plenty of time to spin the yarns and decide which one will work best, as I'm not even done with the body of the sweater.
4. Check some holiday gifts off my list. Like I said earlier, I'm just knitting some small projects for the kiddos (mostly hats), so hopefully I can get everything locked down fairly early to avoid last-minute stress!
I'm reticent to set any more goals than that. September is going to be a REALLY busy month for me, and I'll be pretty thrilled if I can just keep everything chugging along without losing my sanity (or what remains of it) in the process!