Friday, September 11, 2015

FO Friday: Argent Curl

Recently, I was given a test dye lot of yarn to play around with. I wasn't quite sure how much yardage was in the test skein, so I figured that one of Hunter Hammersen's Curls would be a great way to test out the yarn and knit a project without fear of playing yarn chicken.
Eventually, I'd like to knit all of the Curls patterns, but this is only my second project from the book. I chose the Argent pattern, which ended up to be fairly easy to memorize.
The yarn base here is a 50/50 yak and silk from Bijou Basin Ranch called Shangri-La. It's absolutely gorgeous, both to work with and the resulting fabric. It really makes dealing with those tiny needles worth it, and after seeing what beautiful drape the resulting project has, I may have to reconsider my stance on using lace weight yarn in future projects!

1 comment:

  1. ooh, that is so gorgeous!! I love the gradient colour shifts. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete