While in Kansas City last week, I was fortunate to catch the Plains Indians exhibit at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, which was in its final week. There was plenty of eye candy for the craft enthusiast: beautiful beadwork, exquisite quilts, and colorful painted motifs. Below are just a few of my favorite pieces; if you have a chance to check it out when it arrives in your neck of the woods, I highly recommend it!
The developers for a paid Ravelry app for iPad and iPhone called Stash 2 Go contacted me earlier this year to see if I was interested in writing a review or their app on their blog. While I don't own an iPad or iPhone, I was able to gift a download to a knitting friend who had an iPad and was willing to let me play around with it for the purposes of this review! This is the first time I've ever accessed Ravelry via an app (on my Android phone, I typically use the m.ravelry.com site), and I found most of it to be easy to use. Some of the features weren’t intuitive to me at first, but once I got the hang of the idiosyncracies, it was smooth sailing. Stash 2 Go makes the most of API functions Ravelry has opened up to developers (there are still several areas which have yet to be completed in the Ravelry programming interface, so developers can only implement what is available through www.ravelry.com/api ). Most of the app's functionality allows the user to view the ...
Comments
Post a Comment