Friday, October 28, 2011

Fiber Fridays in Effect!

She's a Carnival
Just under the wire - I've added a few new grab bags to the mini skein shop - She's a Carnival and Red Apple Falls for your hexipuffing pleasure!  As always - free shipping to the US, fun surprises in every package, and lovely yarns from a variety of quality sources.  Thanks for looking (be sure to bookmark my mini skein shop - fresh listings weekly!)

In knitting news, I'm very close to finishing my Metheglin Cowl - a few more rounds and I'll be ready to bind off!  I think I may have skipped a few rows....I did the bulk of the work on Tuesday night, when I was knitting at the bar....and well, these things happen when I've had many beers.  Oops. 

Metheglin
Tyler's sweater is starting to really shape up - the sleeves are just about elbow-length now!  The rounds are coming faster, and the closer I get to the end, the more excited I get.  I'll be over the moon if this is done by the end of next weekend, but perhaps a more do-able goal is my birthday (then I can cast on a sweater for myself - what a good birthday present). 

One last note before I sign off for this week - I was really saddened to hear that Kitchen Sink Dyeworks is calling it quits.  I wish Mercedes the best in her new endeavors (which, lucky for us, will involve a greater focus on designing!), but I'm really bummed to see another cool hand-dyed yarn company go so quickly on the heels of The Sanguine Gryphon.  I highly recommend stocking up - everything's on sale in her online store.

And so it goes..

No comments:

Post a Comment