Wednesday, October 19, 2011

WIP Wednesday

Squishy Button Bunny in Rasta
First off, let's check in with my Malabrigo Stockpile list, shall we?

1.  Foliage Hat - Malabrigo Worsted in Vaa (to replace the one I lost a few years ago) Finished!
2.  Madison Hand Warmers - Malabrigo Worsted in Vaa (to match hat) Finished!
3.  Metheglin Cowl - Malabrigo Rios in Solis and whatever odds and sods I have sitting around in Worsted, Twist or Rios!
4.  Robin's Egg Blue Hat - Malabrigo Chunky in Charrua (my favorite color!) Finished!
5.  Travel Shawl - Malabrigo Sock in Aguas In Progress
6.  Button Bunnies - a ginormous version in Malabrigo Rasta - I have a full skein of Soriano, a half-skein of  Oxido, and a tiny bit left of Zarzamora Finished!
7.  Textured Circle Shrug - Malabrigo Rios in Glazed Carrot

Progress on the travel shawl is slow but steady.  I'm planning on casting on for Metheglin this weekend, and I've pretty much accepted the fact that the Textured Circle Shrug will have to wait til Tyler's sweater is done. In the mean time, I did finish a squishy Rasta Button Bunny that I haven't had time to post about!  I knit the smallest size of the Button Bunny (using some leftover Oxido from Lady Nubbins) and it turned out to be a pretty good size - nice and smooshy!  

Shazam! Colorwork sock!
As far as non-Stockpile knitting projects go, I've finished the first colorwork sock and started #2.  I am in LOVE with how these are turning out.  The yarns, the colors, the pattern...everything!  This is the first pair of colorwork socks that I've knit and been able to easily get on my foot and past my ankle.  I took a few pointers from the Melissa Leapman colorwork book (such as going up a needle size) and made a conscious effort to just knit looser.  I had no idea I was such a tight knitter, but every other colorwork project I've made has been so incredibly tight and unyielding that I now know this to be true.

My easy-peasy socks are plodding along - after a trip downtown for M Burger and Guinness at Fado, I'm ready to begin the toe shaping on sock #1!  Since this is my "outside" project, I can't really say when that will actually happen....but I have plenty of time to get these done for the holidays.

And of course, Tyler's sweater is starting to take shape.  I'm not terribly far into the sleeves, but it's starting to move faster and I'm still really thrilled with the only-slightly-awkward 2-at-a-time sleeve setup I've got going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment