Wednesday, September 4, 2013

WIP Wednesday: The Never-Ending Shawl Border

I made some serious progress on my main WIPs over the holiday weekend - which is great, because I really need to shift focus to holiday gift-making. On Monday, I finished the back piece for my Emmanuelle sweater and started the front piece, which will be the most exciting because it actually involves the chevrons! A large, gray stockinette sweater half isn't too thrilling photo-wise, so I didn't end up trying to take a shot to share today. I just wanted to mention it since it's the fastest I've ever knit a sweater piece!

The main story this week is that I started the lace border on my Mountain Moss shawl. It's definitely going to be a long process, since it's worked sideways across the live stitches of the shawl body. My goal is to be finished by the end of this coming weekend - it might be kind of a stretch, but I'll give it my best shot!


Thanks for joining me this week! For more WIP Wednesday inspiration, visit the Tami's Amis Blog!

1 comment:

  1. Will have to look at that Mountain Moss Shawl; it looks a lot like the Piper's Journey. I did enjoy knitting that.

    Pretty!

    Visiting from WIP Wednesday, though it is already Thursday!

    ReplyDelete