|Aloha Hat-Scarf Kit in Hapuna|
Two of my favorite entrelac lessons are from VeryPink.com (which is a video tutorial) and Crazy Aunt Purl (which is a photo tutorial). They might be great links to keep handy if you want to try knitting this kit and you are new to entrelac, but honestly, I think most adventurous knitters can get the hang of it just by following the instructions as written. I found the pattern to be much easier to follow than other entrelac patterns I've encountered - in fact, what I like so much about the Aloha pattern is that there is NO pick-up-and-purling, which is probably the trickiest part of the whole entrelac knitting experience in my opinion.
|Finished cowl, pre-blocking and a little bunchy.|
|I used Knitter's Pride blocking mats, wires and Knit Blockers to block out my cowl.|
The Aloha Hat & Scarf kit is a two-in-one accessory which can be worn either as a hat or a cowl; personally, I prefer the cowl, but you can see how this looks as a hat in the above video from the Skeino website. I wore it for the better part of yesterday and loved how the entrelac gave structure to such a lightweight cowl and kept it snugly around my neck (apologies for no modeled shots on today's blog - circumstances conspired against them this week, but I will try to share at least one this weekend over on Instagram). There are over 30 variegated colorways to choose from; I chose Hapuna (it's one of the few colorways which doesn't include pink or purple in it).
|Finished, blocked & ready to wear!|
Click here to see more at Skeino.com.
Here is the fine print for the coupon code::
- valid for orders worldwide between now and December 1st, 2015
- discount is not applicable to shipping cost
- voucher can only be used once per customer
- voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other vouchers, promotions or discounts
- this coupon code has no cash value and can only be used on www.skeino.com
- not valid on previous purchases
- the above mentioned Terms & Conditions may be altered without any prior notice