Tuesday, January 4, 2011

First FO of 2011 + ornaments, ornaments, ornaments!

Even though Christmas is over, and soon we'll be taking down the tree, I couldn't resist the Rebecca Danger monster ornament kits I got for Christmas.  On New Year's Day, I cast on my first project of the new year - Owen, the Christmas Monster Ornament!  Now he's ready to spend a few days on the tree til he has to hibernate in the ornament box til Thanksgiving.

Now is probably a good time to share the other ornaments I knit this year:

Tiny Snowmen!  I went a little crazy with these - they were just so fun and easy to make.  Before I knew it, there was an army of tiny snowmen in my living room.  Just to be on the safe side, I gave most of them away as gifts this year.


Tiny Santa! I predict I will be making a few more of these for next year, but I just ran out of time to execute all of my grandiose last-minute knitting plans.  This one went to live with my aunt & uncle in Kansas City



Tiny panda with his dinosaur friend (knit by Sam)

Tiny Panda! I made this specifically to put in Tyler's stockings - he has a love of pandas that has, I'm afraid, doomed him to a lifetime of panda-themed gifts from me.  You know how you make that one offhand remark that you really like moose, and then suddenly, any gift you get has a moose theme to it?  That's sort of what this is like, except that Tyler is not merely a casual admirer of the panda.  He does have a bit of a panda obsession, and so far the theme in my gift-giving has not worn thin.  At least, I don't think so!

The details:  As previously mentioned, Owen is a Rebecca Danger pattern - the rest of the patterns were written by Anna Hrachovec at Mochimochiland (links above).  All yarn is worsted-weight, knit with US#5 needles - most of it is Pick Up Sticks' Small Balls in Cream, Red and Grass.  The panda is knit using Berroco Vintage wool in White and Black.  

1 comment:

  1. Do you have any idea where to get the pattern? I used the web link on the Ravelry page and did not find it. Thanks for any ideas.
    Great job on the project!

    ReplyDelete