Friday, October 12, 2012

FO Friday: Twice as Nice!

Why make something twice? It's generally not in my nature to knit or crochet a pattern over and over again, but lately the familiarity of an easy-to-make design is something I've been craving. I was so delighted with my Fresh Stitches CAL project Jack the Tiny Pumpkin, that I decided to make him a friend:

I had a similar experience with Cookie A's Lateral Socks; there is something about this pattern that I found immensely appealing...plus, I could tote it along wherever I went, sans instructions. For my second pair, I subbed in a speedy short-row garter stitch heel and garter toe. These socks were the perfect project for long (or short) trips on the CTA.
Of course, finishing two projects this week means I get to start some new ones...right?

2 comments:

  1. Lateral's definitely on my list (or in my queue) so it's good to hear it so positively reviewed. Two projects done?!!! CAST ON! CAST ON TWO for good measure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made one of those pumpkins last year! I gave it away as a blog giveaway...it was a great, quick crochet...two projects! Excellent....

    ReplyDelete