Monday, June 27, 2016

It's almost Tour de Fleece Time!

It's come to my attention that I once again have too much spinning fiber (ie, all of it does not fit in the very large 60-gallon bin I have earmarked for it). Thank goodness the Tour de Fleece is almost here - it's a great reason for me to dust off my spinning wheel. It's been a month or two since I last finished a spinning project; with all of the travel and weird arm issues, spinning was something that just fell by the wayside.

Usually I spin rogue for the TDF, but one of my podcaster friends (who also was on my Spinzilla team last fall), Laura from the Corner of Knit and Tea, is hosting a TDF team this year. There aren't a huge amount of rules to be a part of the team, so of course I joined up - here is the deal with Team CKT:

This year, the Tour de Fleece starts on Saturday July 2 and runs until Sunday July 24th, 2016.
Guidelines (NOT RULES):
  • Spin every day the Tour rides, if possible. Saturday July 2 through Sunday July 24th. Days of rest: Monday, July 11th and Tuesday, July 19th. (Just like the actual tour.)
  • Spin something challenging on the challenge days (usually the toughest high mountain stage: this year, it’s Stage 8, on Saturday, July 9th, when they will climb 4 mountains, including the 2115m high Col du Tourmalet, and Stage 15, on Sunday, July 17th, when they take on the Grand Columbier!
  • Share pictures and chat through the tour - it’s more fun if we can see what everyone is spinning and cheer each other on.
RULES:
  • In order to be eligible for prizes you must be a member of this group.
  • You can spin any fiber on any spinning device (wheel or spindle or charka or or or…)
  • You can join as many teams as you want.
You can find the group thread here on Ravelry! Also, I made some graphics for my teammates to use, so if you'll be spinning with us, please do feel free to grab a Team CKT badge to use as a Ravatar, on your blog, or on social media - click here to view the dropbox folder.

So, my goals are to spin through all of the fiber that doesn't fit in my fiber bin, which currently is this:
Obviously, I want to find a way to spin pain-free, as my most active arm in spinning is also the one which I have the issues with (oh yay!). So it'll probably be slow going - thank goodness this isn't Spinzilla, right?

Are you doing the Tour de Fleece this year? 

1 comment:

  1. So excited you'll be on the team and thanks again for the wonderful art! Is it time to spin yet?!?!?

    ReplyDelete