I've been a non-participating member of the Spin Your Stash group on Ravelry for many years, but I think the time has come to quit lurking and be a joiner! My spin-o-lution this year is simple - to spin through my stash.
Last week, I took stock:
1. Multicolor Merino Roving, 6.6 oz - purchased at the Yarn Barn of Kansas
2. Natural Black Alpaca Roving, 4 oz. - purchased from New Era Fiber at Stitches Midwest
3. Charcoal 70/30 Alpaca/Silk Blend Top, 4 oz. - purchased from Spunky Eclectic
4. Natural Cream Finn Top, 5 oz. - purchased from Spunky Eclectic
5. Dyed Falkland Top (Cloudy Night colorway), 4 oz - purchased from Pumpkinhaus booth at YarnCon
6. Natural Merino/Silk Fiber, 4.75 oz - can't remember where this came from!
7. Red Alpaca Top, 6 oz - originally purchased from Spunky Eclectic in a natural cream, dyed by me back when I still worked at Lorna's Laces.
8. Light Brown Romney Top, 4 oz - gifted by a friend
9. Dark Brown BFL Top, 6 oz - purchased from Spunky Eclectic
10. Dyed BFL Roving (blue/grey), 4 oz. - Purchased from Kitchen Sink Dyeworks at Renegade Craft Fair
11. Dyed BFL/Silk Roving (Green Eyed Monster colorway), 4 oz. - Purchased from the Miss Babs booth at Stitches Midwest
12. Dyed Merino Roving (Autumnal Shades), 4 oz. - Purchased from the Happy Hands booth at the Wisconsin Sheep & Wool Festival
Wensleydale fiber from Northbound Knitting that should arrive sometime this week - I suppose it should be listed as #13 above!
After I complete 3 spinning projects from my stash, I plan on buying the Manos hand-dyed merino top I've been pining for since I spotted it at TNNA last year. When I spin through half my stash, that will most likely coincide with YarnCon, which is an ideal time to stock up on spinning fiber from indie dyers. After I spin through 8 fibers from my stash, I'm planning on trying some new-to-me sheep breeds such as targhee or polwarth. I'm not sure what I'll do once all 12 fibers above have been spun up, but it will have to be some sort of a special treat. Perhaps I'll get the bulky flyer? Indulge in still more fiber? At least I have some time to decide!