Wednesday, May 1, 2013

WIP Wednesday

I'm still chugging away at my thrummed mittens, though over the weekend I started running perilously low on thrums. I probably should have seen that coming, but at least I have plenty of fiber to make more thrums....I just hope that I can get two mittens' worth out of them, since the first mitten is probably going to take over 200 thrums!

I started a very simple hat last week which has been my primary on-the-go project. The pattern is a free pattern from Kelbourne Woolens called the Genmaicha Hat. I have to say that the name is really what did it for me, since it's my favorite kind of tea (though I am also in love with Canopy Fingering). I happened to have some leftover yarn from my Color Affection Shawl - a full skein of Canopy Fingering in Sarsparilla and half-skein in Conifer; I did have a brief moment of insanity where I thought I should purchase one more skein to knit the teeny-tiny stripe before the ribbing, but then I realized I had enough Malabrigo Finito in Paloma left over to do the job.

As you can see, my hat isn't totally replicating the color blocks from the pattern (I knit the first color til I ran out - naturally, that was just shy of the measurement given in the pattern), but I think it'll still be pretty.

I also decided (albeit unintentionally) to knit the entire hat on US #1 needles, even though the pattern clearly states that the body of the hat is knit with US #3 and the ribbed edging is knit on #1 needles. I managed to throw in a few extra increases at the crown to compensate and will probably decrease a bit before I start the ribbing since I won't be going down a needle size.

My other WIP this week is my last shipment from the FreshStitches kit club! It's been a while since I crocheted anything, so this little guy (Roosevelt the Monster) is now officially on the hook!

Thanks for stopping by this week. For more WIP Wednesday inspiration, visit the Tami's Amis Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment